Thursday, May 3, 2012

Race for Riley in Serenbe with Cindy

I'm pretty fortunate to have good people to train with.  In the past I would just train alone as most of my friends didn't care to ride further than the closest bar or park.  This year with Steve's help and Cindy... I feel pretty ready for the ride.

Last weekend Cindy and I rode the Race for Riley in the Serenbe area down by Chattahoochie Hills.  What a beautiful community (all you ITP peeps need to get out and see what the hype is all about). 

It doesnt get much better than being greeted by two gracious hosts, Cindy & Lisa and being treated to Coffee, Quiche, Fruit, and a smoothie for breakfast.  After all that Cindy and I set off for 40 miles of "office husband and wife" bonding... even though the working relationship has dissolved, she's worth hanging in there. 

I'm excited about the ride and I am keeping up with the progress of my team mates as they make their way up the east coast (in SC now) paying tribute to fallen officers and having some good times on the way.  Its a HUGE honor to be considered with this team.  I meet with them on Friday and start my journey with them on the way to Washington DC.  It will be cool to ride through Fayetteville, NC (where I grew up) and on to Sanford (where I got my first speeding ticket) and finally to Benson for the night.  It'll be interesting to see if we pass Campbell University (where I wasted 1 year of my parents money) on the way.   

As you find time in your day send warm thoughts and prayers to my LEU brothers & sisters as they ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment